Alphabe Thursday … U is for Utensils.

October 10, 2013

U is for Utensil; an implement, tool or container for practical use.

Coming from the Latin uti (to use), Utensilia (useful things), utensilis (available to use).

I didn’t have to look far for a U word today! I am a collector of useful things and containers to put them in!

I have given up trying to de-clutter.  But, instead of throwing away I remember why I bought the item in the first place and rather than chuck it; I bring it back into use!!

Or another ploy to keep the item is to ‘raise its profile’ while it is no longer useful; I discover its aesthetic splendour give it a place beyond the Marmite jar and on the ‘nice to look at shelf.’

I do try and slim down my containers and this does work for a while; Until I find a new interest and a new set of useful items.

Another saving grace is that one’s partner doesn’t have the habits of a magpie.

alphabet thursday

1. October 10, 2013 4:39 pm

i’m a collector of utensils and containers also – it’s fun!

2. October 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Fun collection here! The Latin ‘uti’ is a great word too – an enjoyable post for the letter ‘u’.

3. October 11, 2013 1:08 am

I like having things in containers. it gives the idea of order somehow even if you have no idea why one item is with another. fun and cute containers you have there.

have a great day.

4. October 12, 2013 12:48 am

It’s crazy how many utensils we use in any given day. Never really pondered the effect of utensils before now. We sure would be lost without them.

• October 12, 2013 8:21 am

I love there shape and usefulness; reminds me of my dad and his workshop!!

5. storybeader permalink
    October 12, 2013 3:35 am

love the paint brush glasses! That’s a good idea, to have more than one container. Mine are all crammed in one bottle. {:-Deb

• October 12, 2013 8:22 am

Nooo! get another container you will feel better for it!! trust me 🙂

6. October 26, 2013 11:34 pm

You have quite the collection of unique utensils…

Very cool post for the letter “U”!

Thanks for linking.