Friday’s Library Snapshot … a flower or two!!

May 24, 2013

As the Chelsea Flower Show continues this week  I thought I would find one or two images that be a suitable tribute a very English event.  They need no explanation … just to say there will be no prizes for guessing my favourite … which is yours?

Our country’s flowers and how to know them ; being a complete guide to the flowers and ferns of Britain by W.J. Gordon ; illustrated by John Allen.

Our wild flowers familiarly described and illustrated by Louisa Anne Twamley

The children’s book of wild-flowers and the story of their names by Gareth H. Browning illustrated by M.C. Pollard

The Wright encyclopedia of gardening by Walter P. Wright ; frontispiece and title page by Robert Gibbings.

Common wayside flowers by Thomas Miller with Birket Foster

1. May 24, 2013 10:11 am

My favorite is the one in the middle.

• May 24, 2013 10:23 am

Oh yes the Cow parsley … not too much of that at Chelsea … much on the roadside … beautiful lace!! _/\_

2. May 24, 2013 1:04 pm

mine is the furthest right on the top line 🙂

3. francesca kay permalink
    May 24, 2013 11:25 pm

It’s got to be fritillary for me – so simple and so complicated at the same time.

• May 25, 2013 7:43 am

Yes, seems to be the favourie so far and there were two pictures I just noticed. I liked them all but the Gibbings was my favourite. .

4. August 22, 2014 5:04 pm

I read this post completely about the comparison of most
    up-to-date and earlier technologies, it’s amazing article.

5. September 20, 2014 5:54 pm

We’re a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new
    scheme inn our community. Youur website provided us with helpful info to
    work on. You’ve done an impressive task and our whole comminity will likely be grateful to you.