Alphabe Thursday … S is for Stuff

March 28, 2013

For this week and the letter ‘S’  I bring together a quite unrelated bunch of images; however they do encapsulate a particular day during my holiday in Brazil not to be overlooked while sevarally they are almost insignificant.

First a poster of Gilberto Gil, the singer, song writer greeted me as I came from from the metro at Cinelandia.  He represents ‘S’ for Samba, a lovely sound that I can transport to my sitting room at home when I feel the need for Rio and the carioca sound.

Second,Spices! we saw this man walking in the street with a barrow of spices. He was a librarian’s delight each item was meticulously labeled and laid in order. To bring the little scene into photographic array he adjusted his spotless apron and tweaked his twigs of bay. He was a delight not to be missed.

Finally, Sunhats, as a Brit, I am unaccustomed to continuous sunshine. Although we have had rain and sometimes torrential ; the sun has not failed to appear.  The sunhat and its protection has been vital.

alphabet thursday

1. March 28, 2013 10:54 am

Stuff is such a useful word. :)) How interesting to see the spices packaged in that manner. Seems like a lot to purchase all at once but perhaps the packages only look big. Wish I needed to wear a sunhat lately – we’ve had mostly overcast skies lately. Spring is on it’s way though, I hear.

• March 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh no they were tiny tubes of colour few grams like precious jewels , the man loved his precious load as well. Yes in UK they are still not over Winter yet! … warm greetings from Rio _/\_ xx

2. March 28, 2013 11:13 am

Lovely *S* post – great colours & photography!

Have a great Alphabe-Thursday and weekend too,

Visiting from Alphabe-Thursday

3. March 28, 2013 12:47 pm

I like lots and lots of stuff, except stuff that never gets used then stuffed into corners and closets and under beds and such. That kind of stuff becomes junk and junk is what I can live without. What a fun ‘S’ post on Alphabe-Thursday! Thanks for sharing. Smiles to you!

4. March 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Sunhats, love them! They’re so feminine. Spices make my kitchen smell heavenly while food is cooking. All those flavors mixed together are a sensation for the taste buds.

• March 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes I agree about sunhats; never thought about until now Thanks for the thoughtful comments _/\_ xx

5. March 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Stuff I have way tooooooo much stuff.i need to de stuff my space thank you for the reminder

• March 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Oh yes so do I but … it is difficult to decide which stuff or treasure? … _/\_ xx

6. March 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Oh, I just love the color and texture of the spices. And what a salesman! Sounds like a wonderful trip! {:-D

7. March 28, 2013 10:37 pm

A mini-vacation to Brazil! Thanks for the tour!

8. April 9, 2013 6:36 pm

That is definitely a lot of Stuff…

It looks a Stunning time though….

Spectacular post for the letter S…

A+