100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#77

February 13, 2013

Prompt  …oh my goodness! I nearly forgot…

20130213_090121

It feels so strange; the piercing sunlight with its silver golden glow on my eyes. I welcome the warmth on my back as I turn from the gate on my way to work.  Even the pock marked pavements sparkle. Tiny bright green shoots peep between the cracks and the previous autumn leaves. I surprise a blackbird; singing in the  hedge while his mate forages in the undergrowth for tasty morsels by the bus-stop. How peculiar; the children and the beloved carers wander to school, daring not to button up their coats and un-twirl their scarfs. They laugh and chatter. My goodness I nearly forgot winter is over!

100wcgu-73

1. February 13, 2013 11:08 pm

It does seem a long winter this year. A nice reminder of the better things to come.

• February 14, 2013 5:31 am

It has been so dreary …Thank you for visiting and bringing cheer _/\_ xx

2. February 14, 2013 3:06 pm

anticipation! love it!

3. February 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Hey this one is really very very very very nice.. the ending gave a smile, big smile. I felt a wintry breeze passing by me.. loved it..

btw, could u plz read n review my very first attempt? plz..
    its a short romantic story ..

• February 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you for visiting and kind comments. I will read your short story with pleasure ! _/\_ xx

• February 15, 2013 7:06 pm

I’ll be eagerly waiting.. any criticism is welcomed too 🙂

And my comment was very genuine, no buttering..!