Advertisements

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#68 … Grey

November 28, 2012

Look below the grey storm laden clouds. The slate roofs moistened by the recent shower. Blue, green and violet undertones shine as the sun rises over the granite ridge. Last night’s moon hangs in a silver glow. See the jeweled breast of the dove as it sweeps back to the cote. The platinum glint of grandma’s hair as she twists it into a tiny hematite clasp at the nape of her neck. Watching the sleek grey Rolls Royce glide up the drive of York stone mottled by the grey green moss to wait for the bride in her grey silk gown.

Advertisements
  1. November 28, 2012 1:51 pm

beautiful imagery!

• November 28, 2012 2:04 pm

A little experiment that I enjoyed! Thanks for dropping by xx

2. November 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Lovely to see some positive images of grey. I wonder whether this bride is the same one that made such a grand entrance in enterprise gran’s story – it’s fun to think so.

3. November 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I like how you display the richness of the grey palette. There are indeed so many greys.

• November 29, 2012 4:54 pm

In the fashion books we hear that Grey is the new beige ! I don’t agree. Thanks for kind comment 🙂

4. November 30, 2012 12:42 pm

I agree with Sally-Jane, it is refreshing to see grey in a positive light. I love how many greys you weaved in.

• November 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Fortunately I had a word limit or I would be still at it ! Thank You for you kind comments 🙂

5. December 3, 2012 1:25 am

Two brides in grey from this prompt. Wouldn’t have expected that.

Cheers!