100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#51

July 25, 2012

I am in awe of the contributors who are so imaginative and creative. I made a comment to this effect to one of the bloggers and his poignant reply inspired me to write this.

The prompt is … the line was drawn…

I allowed my mind to run wild; go to its limits.  Let it to take novel routes to mythical places; dark and remote, to dabble with the occult.  Later it boarded the slow train to warmer climes of richness and romance.  It was eager to jet to Rio for the flamboyance of carnival and a cable car to the lofty heights of the Sugar Loaf Mountain.  Gave it opportunity to wander beyond the realms of parental guidance and get dirty.  It drilled down to the bowels of the earth; discovered mines of wealth and energy. Then the line was drawn and it came back.

1. July 25, 2012 4:32 pm

ahh…to meander through the realms of thought…then back to reality. Very original and creative. 🙂

• July 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks … still not the answer for the fearful wanabe 🙂

• July 25, 2012 4:48 pm

But a great beginning, I think. every journey begins with a single step…or thought…?

2. July 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Very imaginative. Love it.

3. July 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Nicely done piece which illustrates the journey taken well. A single thought allowed to run free and who knows where it could take you…

4. July 25, 2012 10:57 pm

This is lovely. I too am in awe of so many of the writer’s on here, but am slowly learning that I should use them as inspiration rather than to shut me down in fear. The imaginative journey is different for each and every one of us. Yours is wonderful! 🙂

5. July 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Like Lisa some of the blog writers I read make me think I should go and sit in a corner, but then I look back at my early writing realise its getting better. This post of yours is wonderfully creativeand inspiring 🙂 I may just have to go and sit in a corner!

• July 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Thank you for your kind words … but I know what you mean there are some amazing writers I remain in awe.xx

6. July 29, 2012 8:55 pm

The line of your mind has been on quite a journey. And oh how wonderful they are!

• July 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Shame I had to draw it back … never mind another week to wander some more!